Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not getting very far

I still haven't made out my cards for my card file of daily tasks, weekly tasks, etc. Why? Because I have spent way too much time setting up my new Facebook account. I wanted to share really quick this great quote that was read at the Weekend to Remember on anger. I was angry at the time because when we got home the night before this transpired:

Me: I have a lot to do to get ready for being gone this weekend. (Implication - you should know to help me).

Damon: Oh. (Infers - great she will be busy and won't mind if I play guitar).

Obviously, I minded that he played guitar and just didn't intuitively know that the right answer was to offer to help me. So, this was fresh in my mind and I was feeling so happily sorry for myself that my mean husband wasn't learning anything so far at the conference and a good husband would be more helpful. Then I was slammed with this:

"Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back--in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you." Frederick Buechner.

Isn't this so true? The truth is I have a great husband who isn't perfect, but is my God-given gift. Thank you Lord!

No comments: