Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We had a great time!

The Weekend to Remember conference was wonderful and it exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend it, even for those who have been to marriage conferences before. I think they had a fresh approach to things and I definitely walked away challenged and refreshed. We spent Saturday night there, and I am so glad that we did. It was great to just relax at the hotel and not have anyone to take care of! I think the main thing that God showed me through the questions and material was just how controlling I am, and how much I need to turn that control over to Him. I really am a person that likes to control everything about life to stay in my comfort zone, and I hate when there are any bumps to my plan. Being married means sometimes that spouse may have an idea of their own, but I don't always leave room for that! Conviction is good, and I know the Lord is faithful to teach me to relinquish my control and just enjoy life a little more.

My mom stayed Saturday night and was a busy bee while she was here. She cleaned my laundry room, refrigerator, mopped, did some laundry, and other things. Damon had some things on the side of the house for uncontained trash day and she even organized that. My sister was here helping her, and I am guessing that she watched the boys while my mom was working. It kind of bummed me out that she did that because my choice would be that she just play with and enjoy the kids, but it is her way of showing me love. I am enjoying the fruit of her labor now!

OK, so I am going to get serious about a daily routine instead of making it up as I go. That is the challenge for the day!

2 comments:

Carolynne said...

I'm so glad you had a good time - I was thinking about you. Don't drive yourself crazy catching up from being gone for the weekend!!

God's Girl said...

I am so, so glad you guys were able to go. I was hoping to go to... maybe next time.

I pray that all that you've learned would take root and bloom and really bless you!

Love to you!