Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day three



Yesterday was more hits than misses which is good! Got everything done that I wanted to plus more. The misses? Pretty much lived on chocolate chip cookies. Moderation, Barbara! The trip to the mall turned out to be a blast! I went to exchange something but ended up getting a refund, then spent the refund on matching froggy shoes at Stride Rite for the boys. Are these too cute or what! Before leaving I was getting so excited to go to the mall, but thankfully I decided what my spending would be beforehand and ended up coming out even. Nana bought Aaron a huge ice cream cone, a kid's meal, and played forever in the play area, so it was a banner day for him! Today's goals: exercise, spend time in the Word, look at B of A small business stuff for pool business. Plus normal day-to-day organization and cleaning.

I had an epiphany last night when I was on the treadmill. The song Santa Monica by Everclear came up on my ipod, and I flashed back to 13 years ago living in Costa Mesa running on the treadmill listening to that song. I remember thinking at that time that I wanted to get more serious about fitness, and here I am 13 years later at the same point listening to that song thinking the same thing. 13 years is a long time! That's like Lauren's whole life! I was thinking of all of the years that I talk about making changes and never do. Talk about spending more devotional time, talk about growing in my relationship skills in my marriage, talk about things I'd like to do around the house. I asked myself if I was ready to move past talk in my life, and God put in my head the verse Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. I am praying for the strength to truly throw off everything that hinders me from truly living out the life and race that God has marked out for me. The same sin patterns that I struggle with now are the same as when I became a Christian 23 years ago. I truly just felt like God was asking me am I ready to truly live out what He has called me to. Yes, yes, a resounding yes! The nitty gritty of it for me really means self-denial and discipline. I need to discipline this mind of mind to dwell on the things of Christ, and hopefully part of the outcome of that will be that this mouth is disciplined in what comes out of it! Sorry to be so long, it was just a big moment! Who knew you could have a spiritual epiphany while listening to 90's grunge music???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These shoes were definetly worth whatever you exchanged to get them! How fun! You are so cute! You are not giving yourself enough grace my friend...LOL!