Saturday, May 24, 2008

His Mercies Are New Every Morning!

Not a banner day here yesterday! Didn't get the control journal started, didn't do some laundry that needed doing, etc. Defrosted chicken for dinner, but didn't pay attention and I didn't have enough since my mom-in-law was also invited which meant a trip to the store to buy a rotisserie. Another example of disorganization costing $$! My real downfall though was just not turning my thoughts to the Lord and turning to overeating. I made an awesome dinner - Giada DeLaurentis' Chicken Carbonara recipe here. This is a very satisfying and filling dish, so why did I go on to eat a bowl of ice cream and two large bowls of fruit loops? Because I was a little on edge and rather than turn to the Lord I turned to favorite foods. Did I mention I was home alone? I do have my pride - I wouldn't pig out like that in front of Damon!

Today is a new day and I can choose to make today different. We are watching my friend's pre-teen boys while they do some marriage counseling for another couple, so I have built-in help with the kids and should be able to get a lot done. I hope you choose to walk in the Spirit today and in that ever-present battlefield of the mind stop the negative, life-draining thought patterns and go to the Word instead! OK, not to encourage you to overeat but Breyer's Ice Cream is on sale for $2.50 at Wal-Mart and the big box of Fruit Loops is on sale too! They also carry every ingredient for Chicken Carbonara at a good price and you should really try that!

No comments: